- Swimming in the outdoor pool across the street as the evening sun bathes everything in an orange glow. Swimming outdoors again today, this time in a salt water pool that overlooks the ocean.
- An impulsive trip to the gelato store with a friend
- A weekend of breakfasts - crepes one day, waffles the next, and yet more waffles today - eaten while listening to good music with good friends.
30 June 2008
29 June 2008
- The trees outside my window are dancing and rustling in the hot summer breeze
- Across the street at the community centre, a live band is rehearsing. I can't quite tell what they are playing - classical/jazz/blues/Latin American/German waltzes? Nevertheless, the sounds bring the street to life
- A buzz on my doorbell. A friend has brought me coffee and a croissant to make my paper writing just that much easier
24 June 2008
- A cool summer evening's breeze wafts through my apartment, bringing with it the fragrance of BBQs and freshly cut grass
- A friend and I slip into a free concert at the jazz festival just in time to hear the first notes of what ends up being an incredible evening of music and dancing
- Plans with a friend to start Salsa dancing lessons grow to include three more friends and plans for weekend dancing as well