21 June 2010
20 June 2010
- The little girl twirls around in the middle of the street and Car Free Day in Vancouver has a whole new meaning.
- Bubbles float lazily down the street, landing with plops on my jacket.
- I put the volunteer sash over my shirt and then see the girl across from me wrapping hers into a bow around her head. My sash becomes a tie.
17 June 2010
- The reincarnation of the dog in one of my favourite childhood movies presses his nose against the glass and stares longingly into the coffee shop.
- At the bus stop stands a woman clutching an old fashioned Winnie the Pooh bear. His eyes and fur have been loved off and he looks very wise indeed.
09 June 2010
Sometimes a passage in a book evokes such a clear image that it's like I'm seeing Clare's '3BTs' through someone else's eyes. Today:
Eddie Willers shifted his glance down to the street, to a vegetable pushcart at the stoop of a brownstone house. He saw a pile of bright gold carrots and the fresh green of onions. He saw a clean white curtain blowing at an open window. He saw a bus turning a corner, expertly steered." - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand