- Hearing the strains of banjo and fiddle, I glance out of my friend's front door. Leaning back in old rusty lawn chairs are two musicians, happily filling the street with music.
- I pass the neighbourhood toy store just as two workers are locking up. I glance in the window and imagine that the toys are just waiting for the all clear before starting their nightly revelry.
- I come across an acquaintance's website that features her art and feel like I know her just a little bit better.
31 August 2008
- The air is crisp and the sun is glinting off leaves tinged with red. Autumn is in the air.
- The outdoor pool across the street is closing today and I jump in for one last swim. There are only four of us in the pool, the sun is shining, and the air is cool.
- This morning I wrote and sent an email that I've been thinking about writing for nearly a year. Maybe I'll take voice lessons this fall.
19 August 2008
- Just as I glance up, the woman across the train aisle smiles at something in the book she is reading
- A cheap mystery and an ice cream cone keep me company on a lonely ferry ride back home
- The pleasure of picking up a well worn book and knowing that the story is familiar and comforting
18 August 2008
- Red, blue and yellow alpine flowers line the trail and fill the air with a sweet and hot fragrance
- In my search for wakefulness I meander into a coffee shop. I'm just in time to see steaming hot water pouring abundantly from a copper pipe and into the coffee machine
- Completely unexpectedly, I see a face I recognize from a life time ago. Mr Cooper, my high school janitor, still shares a friendly smile and a kind word
07 August 2008
- A balloon floats out of the sunroof of a car passing by. Inside I see a child's hand clinging tightly to the string
- I look down from the train as it crosses the river. Below me on the beach I see a bright yellow sun umbrella in the shape of a sunflower, placed right where I've often thought would be a great place to sit.
- As I walk into the park across the street, I hear music. Standing in the grass is a man playing jazz on his trombone