- Walking through the snow covered Academic Quadrangle and hearing a bird trilling a springy kind of song
- Hearing that particular crunch - squeak? - that snow makes when you walk over it
- Fearfully getting my reviews from the class I TA'd last semester (I've been told there is nothing more brutle than TA reviews), but they're all (but one) good!
28 February 2007
26 February 2007
- An unexpected snowfall today! Beautiful, crisp, and white, it was a winter wonderland up on the mountain
- Towards dusk, the sky clears and the sun hits the snow-covered mountains, turning them pink and gold
- Two girls sitting together at a table; one is explaining the complexities of a subject (maybe statistics?) to another
25 February 2007
- Even though I'll be busy today, there's just something special about a Sunday morning. It's quiet and peaceful outside while inside people are sipping coffee, reading papers, and making plans for their Sunday ramble
- Hot, milky coffee. I'm usually a tea drinker, so when I do make coffee, it's a treat
- Blue sky after what feels like ages of cold, slushy rain and wind
24 February 2007
I've been reading a daily account of beautiful things as seen by a woman in England. She's inspired me to look around and see the beauty in my own life. People . . . things . . . words, whatever - anything can be beautiful if seen from the right perspective. I've been enjoying this new adventure and finding that I'm seeing many more than three beautiful things in a day! So here's my own list, created during my daily travellings to and fro.
- A phone call from a friend, who tells me "Kop op" - Dutch for "keep your head up"
- A visit from mom and dad involving fresh made-in-the-Valley yogurt
- Snow falling on the white spring flowers in my flowerpots
The original "Three Beautiful Things" blogspot is here: http://threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com/