- Seeing a group of friends again after being apart for too long and feeling like we'd never been separated
- Knowing that there are people in this world who love me despite my many foibles
- Helping myself to a second serving of my friend's most extraordinarily divine cheesecake
22 March 2008
20 March 2008
19 March 2008
- The gold and jewel encrusted plastic panda that waves at me from the front counter of a Vietnamese restaurant makes me do a double and then a triple take.
- The joy of finally finding an equivalent vermicelli dish to the one I was addicted to in Calgary (at the above named restaurant).
- Dropping in at a promising looking bakery/deli and finding virtually all of the traditional foods that my grandmother used to make.
15 March 2008
- A bunch of daffodils that have mysteriously arrived on my desk make my office smell like spring
- A tree outside my window has suddenly burst with pink blossoms overnight
- Feeling the first spring rain - it's warm outside and the rain drops are soft and gentle
11 March 2008
- the satisfaction of working on a long overdue project
- choosing a night in rather than going out because it's the best thing for me
- discovering a CD that I didn't really like when I bought it, but that is now perfect